Types of Treatment
Treatments Offered at Physical Therapy Central Oklahoma City, Edmond & Surrounding Cities
Here are the resources at our disposal to help you feel like yourself again.
The kind of therapy your body needs depends on a number of factors, like your pain, injury, age, and physical fitness level.
We’ll never just give you an exercise program and leave you to figure it out. Instead, we’ll define an individualized plan just for you, and then work with you so that you get the maximum benefit out of the time you put in.
Physical therapy exercises aren’t the type of thing you’ll learn at yoga or with a personal trainer. Often the movements you need to do are tiny and specific—easy to get wrong if you don’t have help.
We’ll use evidence-based interactive teaching, as well as share video examples you can reference later on our proprietary app.
AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill®
The AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® is designed to help you achieve your healing or training goals without pressure on your joints. Watch the video to see how it works.
We are pleased to be one of the few Oklahoma AlterG® providers with AlterG® Treadmills in Oklahoma City, Norman and 3 other locations around Oklahoma.
With the AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill,® you can:
- Rehabilitate lower extremity injuries with less pain and lower impact
- Improve mobility, strength, and safety for neurological conditions
- Provide a safe way to lose weight and exercise with greater ease
- Train without pain and reduce the stress to joints and muscles
Orthopaedic Physical Therapy
We’re dedicated to preserving and restoring function in the musculoskeletal system, which includes bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles, and nerves.
PT Central is the home of the majority of APTA board certified Orthopaedic Certified Specialists in Oklahoma, so you’re always in good hands.
Orthopaedic physical therapy can help you manage:
- Low back and neck pain
- Rotator cuff injuries and other shoulder pathologies
- Hip Pain and labral pathology
- SI joint dysfunctions
- Osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Post-operative rehabilitation from orthopedic surgical procedures
- Muscle strains
- Headaches and jaw pain
- Chronic pain
Sports Physical Therapy
We take pride in preventing, minimizing, and correcting athletic injuries. As Oklahoma’s number one sports therapy experts, we’re here to support you—whether you’re just starting your fitness routine or you’re already a professional.
Sports physical therapy can help you:
- Discover issues that may lead to future injury
- Learn more about cardiovascular, resistance, endurance and neuromuscular re-education
- Minimize injury occurrence by taping and bracing
- Get ergonomic adjustments to improve mobility
We're piloting the use of a groundbreaking new VR platform, developed in partnership with BehaVR, which has drastically improved our patient's results and experiences with persistent pain. This cutting-edge program is exclusive to PT Central and unique in our region, and our therapists have been specialty trained and certified in Pain Neuroscience Education and VR technology.
Virtual Reality can help by:
- Providing a visual and engaging experience
- Being a psychologically powerful medium
- Helping you understand new research about chronic pain and how to deal with it
This treatment can produce rapid pain relief and improved function for low-back pain, neck pain, muscle-tension headaches, hip and knee osteoarthritis, and shoulder pain.
Been in a car accident and struggling to find care? Good news - we've got you covered. We're now accepting liens and letters of protection!
Through gentle exercise and stretching, physical therapy can help improve pelvic dysfunctions, pregnancy and postpartum issues, and incontinence.
Patients with low-back and neck pain, muscle-tension headaches, pain extending into the arms or legs, spine complaints, and work-related spine pain benefit from our spine care.
Through a detailed consultation, our physical therapists can help prevent back pain, headaches, hypertension, ACL injuries, falls, and peripheral neuropathy.
Physical therapy doesn’t need to be intimidating or time-consuming.
When you heal with us, we’ll establish a plan that works with your life and your schedule.